April 4th release by Tyndale
Interview with the hero/heroine: FBI Special Agent Tori Templeton
- Tori Templeton, tell me the most interesting thing about you.
Tori fidgets. I’m committed to my job as an FBI special agent assigned to violent crime. Interesting? Probably a little more daring than common sense dictates.
- What do you do for fun?
My best friend Sally is all-girly, and I enjoy spending time with her. She helps keep me grounded in a normal life. She has two teenage boys who are fun.
- What do you put off doing because you dread it?
Cleaning my apartment. It’s boring, so I put it off. Sometimes I listen to books on tape to pass the time.
- What are you afraid of most in life?
My brother died of cancer and my mother is a breast cancer survivor. Now my FBI partner has been diagnosed with lung cancer. You guessed it. I’m afraid of cancer.
- What do you want out of life?
Eventually a husband and children. I know my career in the FBI is critical right now. One day, I can use what I’ve learned to teach my children how to be smart in a dangerous world.
- What is the most important thing to you?
Good question. I’d say my mother. She’s all the family I have left. Although we don’t always see eye to eye, I do anything to keep her safe.
- Do you read books? If so, what is your favorite type of book?
When I have time, I like to read romantic suspense. Go figure, right? I like the balance of a crime or potential crime with a romance. Maybe I’m hoping one day it will happen to me!
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
To spend one more day with my brother. He was more than a big brother; he was a father substitute.
- Do you have a pet? If so, what is it and why that pet?
No pets. I don’t have time to properly care for one. One day, when I have a family, I want a full size collie. I know they shed, and I’d have to vacuum everyday, but collies are so sweet and good with kids.
- If you could travel back in time, where would you go and why?
US history, the Revolutionary War. I’d want to form a woman’s spy ring and do my part in making America free.
Find DiAnn Mills here: